Friday, 9 March 2007

First post!

Hiya there!

My name is Jasmine and I'm making this blog for a subject in University- New Communications Tech.

This subject is about how the modern technologies that we all take for granted have changed our lives- and how society has adapted itself to the changes that technology can create. For example, the changes in the playing and recording of music have changed dramatically, from a record to a simple computer program called an MP3. We've all adapted to these changes over time- me, I thought that personal CD players were the top of the technological range when it came to what was 'cool' and what was 'not'. But that was just my opinion when MP3 players were introduced- iPods and those USB MP3 thingys.
Lets see... about the actual lectures and tutorial... I quite like them both. Our lecturer, Steve, is a really cool guy. I remember being introduced into Bachelor of Arts at his welcome speech last year during Semester 2 Orientations. He got our attention when he talked about his adventures at the Uni Bar during his time as a student. LOL. The lecture topics are interesting too- the first lecture being a basic introduction (I think it was more than 'basic', LOL) and some details on what technology is and when they were invented.
The second lecture was more concentrated on various names that had been deemed important to the analysis and study of technology and it's impact on society. Then, after the break, we watched an unusual old black and white film (I cannot remember the name at this point in time) about time travel and the conspiracies behind the people in control of it all. The ending really weirded me out! LOL.

OK, enough blabbering, let's talk about ME. LOL.
Lets see... My name is Jasmine (duh). I'm 18 years old (yay! legal drinker!). I have an addiction to shopping (clothes, CDs and DVDs mostly, LOL). My favourite stores are EzyDVD, Jay Jays and JB Hi Fi.
I don't really have a set goal on what I want to be in life- I'm currently studying a major in Sociology, which means I can be an advisor or a researcher for a media source (radio, TV, etc.).
My hobbies are: reading, writing, drawing (design, art, etc.), hanging out with friends (get me started and I can talk about anything for ages), partying (whoo!) and playing around on the internet. I have other interests, but I'll be going on for a very long time if you wanted me to state all.

I can't really think of anything else to say, except I hope I didn't either bore or confuse (most likely the latter) you all.