Friends (Taken by Unknown Brand Digital Camera; Saved off Internet).
I chose this picture to represent the theme of ‘Friends’ because it features a group of school friends, including myself. It is a photo that is happy, and a little silly, which helps to emphasise the idea of friendship. I edited it by playing around with the shades and colour replacement tools, making it a bit more cartoonish and colourful.


Communication(Taken by Unknown Brand Digital Camera; Saved off Internet)
I chose this picture to represent this theme because communication is usually having to do with interaction. One form of interaction is talking through telecommunication, or speaking to someone on the telephone, which is why I have chosen a picture of a telephone’s headset as my picture for this theme. I changed it to look ‘old’ because the telephone itself is becoming an old way of communicating these days, instead, IM and other chat systems are taking over the simple spoken conversation.


News-Worthy (Taken by Unknown Brand Digital Camera; Shrunken version of original photo)
I chose this photo to represent this theme because I believe that this really IS something news-worthy, something interesting to tell someone about. This is a picture taken from the recent SciFi Fantasy Night held over at Warner Bros. Movieworld, Gold Coast. Because it was such a big event, I think it classifies as ‘news-worthy’. I edited it to only have the colours purple and orange, while altering the brightness and contrast to make it look more realistic.


Australian (Taken by Unknown Brand Digital Camera; Saved off Internet)
I chose this picture to represent this theme because it is a picture of Australian soldiers holding the Australian flag. It is a patriarchal-looking photo, so I assumed that the theme of ‘Australian’ would go well with this. I edited the photo by replacing the Australian flag with the Aboriginal flag, because it is also another theme of ‘Australian’, with the edited flag being representative of the Indigenous Australian, instead of the European Australian.

Popular (Taken by Unknown Brand Digital Camera; Saved off Internet)
I chose a picture of the popular music group Sneaky Sound System because they represent what pop culture and what is ‘in’ at the moment. I altered the picture by making the background pink, which is currently a very popular colour at the moment amongst young adults.


Games (Taken with Unknown Brand Digital Camera; Saved off Internet).
I chose this photo to represent this theme because it is a picture of the Australian Cricket team. Cricket is a game used in national sports, so naturally, I assumed that this picture represents how dedicated people can be to playing a game. I edited it by changing the background to a rainbow effect, to make it more cheery and celebratory, which is the vibe of the photo.

Celebrity (Taken with Unknown Brand Digital Camera; Saved off Internet).
I chose this photo to represent this theme because it is a picture of an obviously famous person- Fergie, from the group The Black Eyed Peas. It was taken at the MTV Australian Music Video Awards, which is a channel often associated with celebrities. I changed it by changing the colour of Fergie’s dress from yellow to pink. Pink is the most often choice for a female celebrity, so this is why I did the change.

No comments:
Post a Comment