Friday, 18 May 2007

Week 10- Microsoft Word Exercise

Exercise 1: Opening, Typing and Saving
This exercise was pretty basic to me, because I have used this program numerous time beforehand on more complex projects. There were no problems, even if there were, they were minimal, such as Spell Check being set to the American English instead of Australian English.

Exercise 2: Bold, Italics, Underline and Bullets
This exercise was also considered to be pretty basic in comparison to Exercise 1. There were no problems, so there is nothing interesting to report.

Exercise 3: Headers, Footers and Double Spacing
Again, this was a very simple exercise with little problems.

Advanced Exercise 1: Track Changes
This was slightly challenging. The steps were very precise with what was expected out of the Exercise, but it took longer to achieve than the first three exercises. I now understand on how to work the Track Changes toolbar on a basic level. No problems came out of it, but it was a different usage for the Word program.

Advanced Exercise 2: Mail Merge
Now here was a challenge! This was harder than a thought... the instructions were specific enough, it was just the application of them that was challenging. I encountered few problems, only that I kept forgetting where certain buttons were on the Mail Merge Toolbar. But I was able to complete the task with success, so it's all good!