This subject was very informative when it came to the communcation technologies- the history, the 'major players', and the ecomonic and political reprecussions of new technologies. Over the duration of 13 weeks, I was engaged in the many worlds of technology, from computer programs to games.
Lectures
The lectures were very interesting, and I learnt pieces of information I never knew before- such as the comparitive histories of computer companies Microsoft/IPM and Apple. Although at times the lectures can lack in interest and many people, I have noticed, let their minds wonder. The information itself is not the problem- it can sometimes be the presentation. Steve is a funny guy, I can honestly say, but sometimes during lectures, I am sad to say, that the presentation can be somewhat lacking in keeping the interest of the listeners.
Tutorials
Chris was my tutor for this subject and I really enjoyed having him as one. He was very helpful and always asked if anyone needed his assistance in any of the tutorial tasks and other related projects. The tutorials were where I learnt the most, for it provided a practical demonstration on what was previously discussed during the lecture, and an expansion upon related topics.
And he was always open-minded about us having a conversation during tutorials- just as long as we did the work (which we did)! If I was to come away with memories of this course, it would have to be the tutorials.
Assessment
-Essay
The essay was a task I was looking forward to writing, due to the topic being based on a popular piece of technology: the mobile phone.
-Exam
The exam was both easy and difficult: a majority of the questions I knew from study, the rest were a challenge to remember due to most of the ones that I found hard were about people who contributed to the technological world.
-Blog
The blog, I can honestly say, was the hardest of the three assessment pieces. I set myself a standard, and I tried to keep it up, with the Adobe Photoshop task being the most difficult and time-consuming of all the tutorial tasks. But, it helped me with the Essay assessment piece, due to my tutor Chris being able to look at it and help me when I needed it. The blog was definately the best communication tool between student and tutor.
Overall Rating
I recommend this course for the die-hard fans of computers and technology, and even to those gaming nerds out there. It's not my cup of tea, but I did learn things that I never really gave a second though to- such as the workings of the internet, which was my favourite topic discussed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Don't guess who that number on your cell phone belongs to any more. To gather information about a cellphone number, you need to be willing to pay a one-time payment of at least $10. Not many individuals are aware that Google runs such a service.
My page: reverse phone lookup
Post a Comment